Maintenance and Repairs Reporting Guide for Tenants

Effective reporting of maintenance and repair issues is crucial to maintain the condition and safety of your rented property. By utilising the "Report an issue" feature on Tenant App you can easily communicate your repair needs to us to then handle.

As a responsible tenant, promptly reporting maintenance and repair issues to your landlord or property management company is essential to maintain a safe and well-maintained living environment. This guide will provide you with a step-by-step walkthrough on effectively reporting maintenance and repair problems. Additionally, it will highlight the user-friendly "Report an issue" feature on the Tenant App, offering a convenient and efficient method for submitting your requests.

Reporting General Maintenance

Fully managed tenants can quickly report a maintenance issue through To report a general maintenance issue to our office, please login to our Tenant App and follow the steps to report an issue.

If your landlord is on a tenant find or rent collection contract with us, please contact your landlord to arrange repairs of your property. Tenant App

You can also see key tenancy details whenever you need - including contact details of your agent, the amount and date of your next rental payment and tenancy expiry date.

If you haven't already, now’s the time to download’s Tenant App, where it’s made super easy to access key tenancy details, as well as report maintenance issues in just a click. Please follow the steps below:

Download on the app store

Untitled design (53).png

Get it on google play

Untitled design (54).png

Got a maintenance request? Simply take a photo or video, briefly describe the problem and it will instantly be reported to your property manager

You’ll receive live in-app updates and push notifications whenever there’s progress on your reported issues - so you always know what’s happening. Everything you need in one place.

What to do in an emergency

An emergency is something that could not have been foreseen, and which could cause serious damage to the property. For example:

  • Severe leaks
  • If you suspect you have a gas leak or you can smell gas, you should immediately evacuate the property and then contact the National Grid Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999
  • Loss of electrical power or light
  • Blockage of your only toilet
  • Loss of heating or hot water
  • Broken windows or doors following a break-in

You should also check with your own main suppliers but here are a few main supply SOS numbers:

EDF Electric supply 105 follow this link for other suppliers  
UK Power Networks 0845 601 4516  (electric power cuts)

South East Water 24hr leakline 0333 000 0365

Southern Water – supply and waste water, blocked main drained 0330 303 0368

If your landlord has a Home Care agreement, please contact the company providing this. The most common providers are:

British Gas: 0800 107798 / Homeserve: 0330 123 0179

Out of Hours Emergency

There might be a time when you have an emergency outside of normal office hours. Below is all the information you will need when dealing with maintenance issues and emergencies.:

Ensure that you are experiencing a true emergency and that the issue cannot be resolved during our opening hours. For the avoidance of doubt we would define an emergency as serious maintenance matters that endanger health or safety. Please remember that if a contractor is called out as an emergency when a repair is not justified, you will be liable for all costs.

Managed Properties

If your landlord is on a Fully Managed service and you still believe the issue is a genuine emergency, please contact us on: 01892 533367 and listen to the message which will provide you with an emergency out of hours contact number. 

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 4pm
Sunday & Bank Holidays: Closed

Non-Managed Properties

Please call your landlord directly or any emergency number they have provided. If you are unable to contact them:

If you experience an emergency concerning lack of Gas, Electricity or Water, or fear there may be a leak, please do call an emergency contractor.

If you have an internal water leak, please try to locate your stopcock and then call an emergency plumber.