Tom’s Top 10 Tips For Presenting Your Property In January
News at Kings Estates | 02/01/2019
Tom’s Top 10 ............
Tips For Presenting Your Property In January
1. TAKE DOWN DECORATIONS - If your festive decorations are still up, then it could give the impression that you haven't made an effort, don't leave a bauble in sight!
2. GIVE THE PLACE A LICK OF PAINT – Don’t underestimate the power of freshly painted white walls. This will not only give the illusion of a bigger space, but also provide an all-over crisp and clean look.
3. CHOOSE THE RIGHT COLOUR SCHEME - If your home has dark coloured walls, add cream and white accessories such as rugs and throws. Neutral and airy tones can help to bring 'light' into a room. Grey is the new magnolia!
4. CREATE AN ILLUSION OF SPACE - Ensure your hallway is decluttered and tidy ahead of viewings to stop the space looking cramped. Try hanging a mirror on either side of the hallway wall, to give the illusion of a bigger space.
5. CREATE AN ILLUSION OF HEIGHT - Adding the perception of height to a room is a great way to make it seem like you have a larger space. Do this by using high-legged tables and chairs to elevate the room, as well as high hanging paintings and prints.
6. MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ENTRANCE - Make sure the first thing they see is a tidy exterior. First impressions really do count, most buyers will decide whether they are going to buy or not within the first few minutes of arriving at a property.
7. BE STORAGE SAVVY - Clever storage solutions are a must for any room with limited space. Make the most of multi-purpose items such as trunks which can be used as coffee tables, and as a place to store all your household bits and bobs neatly out of the way.
8. SPRUCE UP THE GARDEN - January may not be the typical time of year for blooming gardens, but you can certainly add life to your outside space by giving the patio a good clean and adding some garden accessories, such as bird feeders, and even some nice lanterns with candles.
9. MAKE IT COSY – Most people tend to want to stay indoors during January, so make sure you add a few cosy touches to your home ahead of viewings. Set the heating at an optimum temperature, covering furniture with throws and cushions, and adding rugs to hard floors.
10. BE A GREAT HOST - Welcome house viewers in from the cold with a hot drink. By doing this, viewers will feel right at home, and will subconsciously associate your property with warmth and friendliness. I bet you are the only seller who offers them something to drink!
The housing market can continue during lockdown in England
Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, on 4 January, announced England will move to a new national lockdown that requires, under UK Coronavirus Alert Level 5, people must stay at home, except for limited exceptions.
House moves are a limited exception and, therefore, are still be permitted to go ahead. Guidance issued by the UK Government states people can still move home, however, people outside a household or support bubble should not help with moving, unless absolutely necessary.
Estate and letting agents and removal firms can continue to work with property viewings still also allowed if anyone is looking to move.
It has been stressed the importance of following the national guidance on moving home safely, which includes advice on social distancing, letting fresh air in, and wearing a face covering.
Housing market activity returned on 12 May 2020 in England and has continued ever since due to the Government's belief in the importance of the sector and confidence that agents are operating safely.