Tom’s Top 10 Tips For Presenting Your Property In January
News at Kings Estates | 02/01/2019
Tom’s Top 10 ............
Tips For Presenting Your Property In January
1. TAKE DOWN DECORATIONS - If your festive decorations are still up, then it could give the impression that you haven't made an effort, don't leave a bauble in sight!
2. GIVE THE PLACE A LICK OF PAINT – Don’t underestimate the power of freshly painted white walls. This will not only give the illusion of a bigger space, but also provide an all-over crisp and clean look.
3. CHOOSE THE RIGHT COLOUR SCHEME - If your home has dark coloured walls, add cream and white accessories such as rugs and throws. Neutral and airy tones can help to bring 'light' into a room. Grey is the new magnolia!
4. CREATE AN ILLUSION OF SPACE - Ensure your hallway is decluttered and tidy ahead of viewings to stop the space looking cramped. Try hanging a mirror on either side of the hallway wall, to give the illusion of a bigger space.
5. CREATE AN ILLUSION OF HEIGHT - Adding the perception of height to a room is a great way to make it seem like you have a larger space. Do this by using high-legged tables and chairs to elevate the room, as well as high hanging paintings and prints.
6. MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ENTRANCE - Make sure the first thing they see is a tidy exterior. First impressions really do count, most buyers will decide whether they are going to buy or not within the first few minutes of arriving at a property.
7. BE STORAGE SAVVY - Clever storage solutions are a must for any room with limited space. Make the most of multi-purpose items such as trunks which can be used as coffee tables, and as a place to store all your household bits and bobs neatly out of the way.
8. SPRUCE UP THE GARDEN - January may not be the typical time of year for blooming gardens, but you can certainly add life to your outside space by giving the patio a good clean and adding some garden accessories, such as bird feeders, and even some nice lanterns with candles.
9. MAKE IT COSY – Most people tend to want to stay indoors during January, so make sure you add a few cosy touches to your home ahead of viewings. Set the heating at an optimum temperature, covering furniture with throws and cushions, and adding rugs to hard floors.
10. BE A GREAT HOST - Welcome house viewers in from the cold with a hot drink. By doing this, viewers will feel right at home, and will subconsciously associate your property with warmth and friendliness. I bet you are the only seller who offers them something to drink!