Tom’s Top 10 Tips For Presenting Your Property In January
News at Kings Estates | 02/01/2019
Tom’s Top 10 ............
Tips For Presenting Your Property In January
1. TAKE DOWN DECORATIONS - If your festive decorations are still up, then it could give the impression that you haven't made an effort, don't leave a bauble in sight!
2. GIVE THE PLACE A LICK OF PAINT – Don’t underestimate the power of freshly painted white walls. This will not only give the illusion of a bigger space, but also provide an all-over crisp and clean look.
3. CHOOSE THE RIGHT COLOUR SCHEME - If your home has dark coloured walls, add cream and white accessories such as rugs and throws. Neutral and airy tones can help to bring 'light' into a room. Grey is the new magnolia!
4. CREATE AN ILLUSION OF SPACE - Ensure your hallway is decluttered and tidy ahead of viewings to stop the space looking cramped. Try hanging a mirror on either side of the hallway wall, to give the illusion of a bigger space.
5. CREATE AN ILLUSION OF HEIGHT - Adding the perception of height to a room is a great way to make it seem like you have a larger space. Do this by using high-legged tables and chairs to elevate the room, as well as high hanging paintings and prints.
6. MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ENTRANCE - Make sure the first thing they see is a tidy exterior. First impressions really do count, most buyers will decide whether they are going to buy or not within the first few minutes of arriving at a property.
7. BE STORAGE SAVVY - Clever storage solutions are a must for any room with limited space. Make the most of multi-purpose items such as trunks which can be used as coffee tables, and as a place to store all your household bits and bobs neatly out of the way.
8. SPRUCE UP THE GARDEN - January may not be the typical time of year for blooming gardens, but you can certainly add life to your outside space by giving the patio a good clean and adding some garden accessories, such as bird feeders, and even some nice lanterns with candles.
9. MAKE IT COSY – Most people tend to want to stay indoors during January, so make sure you add a few cosy touches to your home ahead of viewings. Set the heating at an optimum temperature, covering furniture with throws and cushions, and adding rugs to hard floors.
10. BE A GREAT HOST - Welcome house viewers in from the cold with a hot drink. By doing this, viewers will feel right at home, and will subconsciously associate your property with warmth and friendliness. I bet you are the only seller who offers them something to drink!
This site complies with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 relating to cookies. Click here to find out more and to manage cookies on this site.
Instant Online Valuation
Interested in your property value?
We won't share your information.
Your Valuation in the region of...
Unfortunately we do not have enough data to give you an accurate valuation.
Your local Kings Estates property expert will be in touch to arrange an accurate valuation taking into account improvements to your property,
the local market and more. Or arrange a valuation now by clicking here.
Whilst this instant valuation provides a guideline, your local Kings Estates property expert will be in touch to provide a more accurate valuation taking into account improvements to your property, the local market and more.