Property Manager - Tunbridge Wells
Our Award winning independent estate agency in Tunbridge Wells requires an experienced Property Manager
to work within a busy and well-established department.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure the smooth running of our lettings portfolio and help to build the lettings side of our business to increase market share and to make the company more profitable. Working on behalf of the Directors you will endeavour to monitor the lettings processes to ensure that all procedures are adhered to in accordance with property law and legislation. It is essential our Landlords and Tenants receive an effective, customer focused property management service during their tenancy.
The key areas of the job involve:
Communication: Always ensuring Landlords, Tenants, contractors and colleagues are fully aware of actions you have taken, programmes of work and progress, and recording the same to the property management system.
• Property Visits / Inspections
• Reporting to Landlords on repair issues etc.
• Ensure reasonable resident issues and service requests are addressed promptly
• Dealing with contractors - quotes - job supervision etc.
• Negotiating and co-ordinating renewal contracts
• Monitoring and arranging Gas Safety renewals & EPC's
• Tenant referencing and monitoring process via referencing agency
• Preparation of renewal tenancy agreements
• Negotiating the return of deposits between landlord and tenant (including co-ordination of any repairs and cleaning as required)
• Liaising with Landlords on a range of issues
• General Administration duties
• Service of legal notices
• Key Management
• Monitoring reports on lettings software to ensure all tasks are being dealt with
• Ensuring tenants are adhering to their Tenancy Agreements and acting upon any breaches of their Tenancy Agreements as and when necessary
• Securing and seeking new business opportunities to help grow our business
• Assisting and reporting to the Lettings Director
• Assisting manning the office including constant telephone monitoring, registering applicants for sales and lettings, and arranging appointments with vendors/landlords/tenants for sales and letting viewings when relevant
• To help organise and participate in any company marketing events
• It is imperative for the successful candidate to be organised, self-motivated, enthusiastic and be able to deliver under pressure and be confident dealing with clients both in person and over the phone
• Experience / knowledge of Lettings administration essential
• To be a good team player is essential but also to be able to work using own your initiative
• To be confident on the telephone and client facing
• Motivated individual with a proven track record of delivering fantastic customer service
• Must be articulate and well-spoken with excellent communication skills
• Must be disciplined and well organised
• To be computer literate – essential basic knowledge of Microsoft office programs
• To have a flexible approach to work
• Good inter-personal skills and a high attention to detail
• To have the ability to multi task
• To be adaptable
• To be of smart appearance
• To be of good humour
• To be a good listener
• Local area knowledge is preferable
• ARLA qualified desirable but not essential
• Previous working knowledge of CFP Winman or Jupix advantageous
• Full, clean driving license and your own car
Working Hours: - Full time (5 days a week) to include some Saturdays.
Salary details available upon application, commensurate with experience and skills.
Please apply via e-mail enclosing a CV and your current salary details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY