Whether you are a first time landlord or a seasoned portfolio landlord, property management has many benefits. You should decide how much personal involvement you wish to have with the tenants and the property. On the one hand you may wish to collect rent and deal with any running repairs yourself, alternatively you may want to stay at arms length, preferring full property management.
There is much to do when letting out your property. To begin with, you need to prepare your property so it is ready to let. This involves dealing with mortgage lenders, sorting out rent collection, tax matters, insurance cover, utility bills, keys and inventories, and acquiring safety certificates for gas, electrics and appliances: the list goes on. As your managing agent, we can manage all of these tasks on your behalf.
Once your property is ready for tenants to move in, we will manage it throughout the tenancy, providing regular account statements along the way.
Advantages of property management
- Complete peace of mind 24 hours a day
- Kings will collect the monthly rent and transfer the money directly into your bank account. We will also email or post a statement of account.
- We conduct an inspection of the property on a quarterly basis and inform landlords of our findings.
- We deal with any maintenance issues. If your tenant experiences a problem we will report it to you and take your instructions in order to rectify the problem. We can obtain quotes from vetted tradesmen at competitive rates on your behalf for the works and oversee the whole process.
- If applicable we will arrange your annual gas safety certification and report back on any issues.
- We will register the security deposit on your behalf with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
- We liaise with all the utilities at the start and end of the tenancy. This includes gas, electric, water and the local council tax.
- Advise you when it is time for tenancy renewal and make sure the process is as smooth as possible
- Up to date market values provided at time of renewals
- We will produce all the financial information that you need for your tax return, which covers the let property.
- No tenant contact required
- Statistically your tenant is more likely to stay for longer
- Full property management is an invaluable service that really is worth considering, particularly if you do not have a great deal of spare time or you do not live locally yourself.
Tenants are requesting managed properties
Full property management is certainly worth considering if you want things as hassle free as possible. Increasingly we are finding that tenants are only considering properties to rent that are managed by an agency. This is a growing trend and we can understand why – tenants want the guarantee if something goes wrong, it will be rectified immediately. And, what’s more, tenants don’t mind paying a premier rent for this peace of mind!
For a FREE rental valuation please contact us on 01892 533367. Alternatively you can request a valuation by clicking this link.