A most impressive and substantial six bedroom Georgian house set in a tucked away and secluded position close to the village centre within a conservation area.
ACCOMMODATION 9 Lower Green Road is a most impressive and substantial six bedroom Georgian house set in a tucked away and secluded position close to the village centre within a conservation area. This beautifully presented property retains a wealth of fine period features whilst enjoying modern day comforts and amenities. The superb versatile family accommodation is arranged over three floors. The approximate gross internal floor area is: 2419 sq. ft. / 224.73 sq. m. Points of note include:-
- High ceilings throughout the ground floor, sash windows (original working shutters in the sitting room), picture rails, deep architraves, wood panelled doors and Bakelite light switches.
- Of further note are the beautiful fireplaces which feature predominantly throughout the property.
- An elegant light and airy sitting room with an ornate fireplace, lovely tall bay windows with external door to front garden.
- A similarly well proportioned dual aspect dining room with French doors leading out to the garden.
- A spacious and inviting entrance hallway with garden access.
- The kitchen breakfast room is well equipped with a range of wall and floor cupboards to include some display cupboards. Work surfaces incorporate a sink unit and a 2 ring gas hob. The gas fired Aga cooker provides a wonderful focal point and is very befitting of this style of home. Furthermore there is a walk in pantry and space for dishwasher and fridge / freezer. In addition there is a door providing access to the garden.
- The utility room provides access to the WC and houses the gas fired central heating boiler and has space for a washing machine with tumble dryer above, as well as an additional fridge / freezer.
- A sophisticated staircase leads from the reception hallway to the first floor landing.
- On the first floor there is the master bedroom with partial vaulted ceiling and luxuriously fitted family bathroom with Chadder & Co roll top bath and taps, twin sinks units and porthole style mirrored cabinets. In addition there is a separate shower enclosure and Travertine stone flooring with under floor heating.
- The first floor also boasts three further double bedrooms.
- The second floor rooms enjoy elevated far reaching views with a particularly generous double bedroom, smaller double bedroom and second bathroom with white suite.
- The property benefits throughout from an excellent range of storage facilities.
The property is approached via a shared driveway off the village green which leads to the gravel driveway parking area and in turn to the attractive walled gardens which are situated predominately to the front and side of the property. Brick paved terrace areas stretch away from the house to an expanse of lawn which is interspersed and bounded by an abundance of mature trees and shrubs providing a high level of privacy and seclusion.
- This superb home is situated in a tucked away, secluded position close to the heart of Pembury village, which has a good range of local amenities serving everyday needs.
- Local Shopping: Pembury with shops including a post office, newsagents, Tesco superstore.
- Comprehensive Shopping: Tunbridge Wells (2 miles)
- Mainline Rail Services: Tonbridge to London Bridge (approx 35 - 40 minutes), Tunbridge Wells to Charing Cross (approx 55 minutes.)
- Primary & State Schools: Various schools in Tunbridge Wells to include Claremont, St James', Broadwater and Bishops Down.
- Grammar Schools: Tunbridge Wells Girls Grammar School, the Skinners School and Tunbridge Wells Grammar School for Boys. The Judd School and Tonbridge Girls Grammar School.
- Private Schools: Holmewood House, Rosehill, The Mead and The Preparatory Schools at Somerhill. Tonbridge and Sevenoaks Public Schools. Five Ashes and Mayfield.
- Sporting Facilities: Knights Park offers a multi screen cinema complex, a bowling alley and Esporta heath & fitness club. There are many local places of historical interest, countryside walks, golf at the Nevill Golf Club, and sailing and fishing at Bayham Abbey and Bewl Water near Lamberhurst.
- The M25 can be accessed via the A21, linking to other motorway networks and Gatwick and Heathrow Airports.
SUMMARY GROUND FLOOR: Reception Hallway, Sitting Room 18'9" x 15'7", Dining Room 15'2" x 12'10", Kitchen / Breakfast Room with Walk in Pantry 14'1" x 12'11", Utility Room & WC
FIRST FLOOR: Landing, Master Bedroom 14'0" x 13'11", Bedroom 2 15'10" x 13'2", Bedroom 3 14'10" x 13'3", Bedroom 4 10'03" x 9'10", Family Bathroom
SECOND FLOOR: Bedroom 5 15'10" x 13'3", Bedroom 6 12'11" x 9'3", Bathroom
Walk in Roof Space and Loft Storage Area.
OUTSIDE: Gravel Driveway Parking Area and Walled Gardens Providing a High Level of Privacy and Seclusion.
COUNCIL TAX BAND - E - £1,969.79 for the year 2017/18
AGENTS NOTE - This property is available with the benefit of no onward chain